Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Fly by posting?

Ok well I got a ton of cooking and such done.
I also got some medical stuff started, with luck by this time next month my shoulders will be working again!!!
I also cast on the Knitpicks Shimmer into a scarf from Lavish Lace, the Ocean moods......
only I am doing it in the red/pink/yellow "happy dance" colorway.
*** warning opinion ahead****
the Shimmer is very nice, I had to rip back multiple times and it took the abuse without a problem.
I can't believe I am saying this but the colors are a bit strident. ( think 1940's red/yellow/pink)
however once it is finished I will see then, if I still don't think it will work I will dip it in an over dye to tone it a bit.

There are also some stray long fibers that are driving me nuts. I keep pulling them out.
Some are not dyed. Some are.
I don't know what they are but they bother me
over all I really like this yarn, and I wish they would come out with a white/cream.........
for dying or just cause.
( white lace............. what a concept huh?)

Now as to the pattern in Lavish Lace.
I am doing Ocean Moods.
I discovered it was way too wide, so I cut out two of the five center repeats, it is now just the right size or will be after I block it out.
It is an incredibly easy pattern, with a couple rows of garter in between.
It is also self scalloping on the ends..........
so I am very happy with it, I think I would also like it done in 100% silk if I could find that for under 20.00..... The Cherry Tree Hill 100% silk is 66.00 so nope that is not going to happen.

now as to the other stuff, or at least some of the other stuff.
I have been cooking like a demented momma........
I am trying to put enough cooked food to be reheated away so that in case my shoulders need surgery, I have meals for us.
I still have a LOT of cooking to do
I just did meatballs, burritos, and salisbury steak, ( I dropped the salis bury steak patties on the floor so I have to wash them..... thank goodness they were frozen when I did it......oye)

I have to do chickens, the pork and a turkey or two as well as side dishes. I figure at least another two weeks of cooking.
No?
I even cooked and froze RICE
If I can get enough done I won't worry too much then
oh and I need to freeze at least 90-100 muffins for bernie to take to work..
which btw, the peach muffins are to die for
til next time
vi

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:14 PM

    vi...i should be around tonite if you wanna give me a jingle...or drop me an email. wanna catch up and find out how you are. don't like this "might need surgery/cooking for armageddon" stuff!!!

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:57 AM

    I love your new background!!! Wow........you are great to think so far ahead with all of your cooking.

    I hope that you do not need surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:14 PM

    What's this surgery stuff?
    And why do you have a link to Dooce? I hate you. I can't tell you how many hours of my life I have wasted on her in the last three days. I'm back to when Leta was a month old. I'm blaming somebody. Not you because I like you. How about Brigham Young? Or Chuck?
    And which shoulder?
    sallyjo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surgery? Both shoulders? Eeeeewwwwww! Vi, Freezers are nice aren't they. Email me?

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi