Thursday, April 14, 2005

Fred is dead.

Fred the invisible betta fish is dead.
he bit the big one about a week ago.
I miss him so much.
Fred was a deep dark purplish blue fish in a deep dark purplish blue betta tank, with deep dark purplish blue stones on the bottom and two plants, one plastic and one alive.
( hence the invisible fish thing)
He lived on my kitchen counter in the winter and on one of my workbenches during the summer.
I was used to him every morning especially during winter, I would talk to him and he would come to the side of the tank I was on and flare at me, in that betta sort of way.
I am pretty sure he was saying 'good morning oh thou fairest of food bringers, and how is thou this fine morning........'

OR
he could just as well have been saying ' oy BITCH, bring on the food there I am dying of hunger'

However I find that in the week + that he has been gone, I miss his little face, the plants miss their twice weekly watering with Fred water, when I did partial water changes.

Ok so today I sought to remedy that.

I went over the mountain and through the woods to the great pet store in town.
I should have known I was in trouble when I couldn't get into the parking lot cause there was a cop truck there.
( yes a truck it was an SUV, and that'll teach you to mess with momma vi and her menopausal pms induced coma)

Ok so I finally get a parking space and get into the store.... I head directly over to the bettas......... to discover.......
.
.
.
.
.
THEY JUST GOT a NEW SHIPMENT!!!!!

and they are very pretty ones, orange, magenta, purple, cream, white iridescence....
all just waiting for me!

I got down to looking while the girl was putting them in their little cups

I was torn between about 6 and was indeed thinking.... well I do have 6 smallish 1/2 gallon glass bowls for them.....

When some BITCH PERSON, ( and I am being kind here, my menstrual cramps and peri-menopausal hot flashes have nothing to do with my perception of the bitch)told me she wouldn't guarantee them.....

I look up .......There is the guarantee sign.

She repeats, that she won't guarantee them for at least a day or so.....( remember the 5.00 part for the gas to go OVER the freeken mountain???)

Ok so would you hold them for me, I can pay for them..... and get them tomorrow or saturday.

NO OF COURSE she won't......................
cause she is the assistant manager and you know.......she has a BRAIN, and WANTS to make sales and give GOOD customer Service.

I asked her.... "how will I get the ones I want if you A)won't sell me them with their guarantee &
B) won't let me buy them and you hold them?

I left

I am despairing of ever getting a betta that I like.

I also got my full period while standing there arguing with this bitch.

please, someone either shoot me, or send me a betta or a gift certificate to Knitpicks or something.......
carmel popcorn or cheesecake is just not going to do it today.......
sniff
til next time

violet of the walking dead.

1 comment:

  1. Bitch. I bet her fish just say things like "there's that bitch I hate the crappy flakes she gives us. Why won't she let us go home with that beautiful woman over there?" and stuff like that.

    I'm sorry about Fred. I find it best not to get too attached to fish, though it's hard, and I seriously dread the day Baby dies (who was known as Phelps briefly, but just wants to be Baby) He's the one who was born in our tank, and we watched him grow from invisible to not the smallest guy anymore.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi