Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Waiting for the goat kids to arrive

Carole promised that the goats would have the babies yesterday.
Actually one of the goats was due, the others are spaced out relatively evenly over the next couple of weeks more or less.
We are waiting for anywhere from 40 to 60 goat babies (they are called kids) to arrive.
I am calling often to see if I am a goatie aunt yet.
I wanted Carole to take the phone to the barn and tell the goat that is due.......to hurry things along as I don't have all day here....
and she IS a day late you know.
Carole said Goats Have them on TIME, and in the afternoon............................
I told Carole to tell the goat that I SAID......... she is late, and I am not the most patient person in the universe........
The message was relayed and the goat continued to chew her hay, she was unimpressed.
I told Carole to explain to this goat, that if she doesn't have these kids soon, Carole will have to listen to me call daily and whine and complain about the babies not being there....... AFTER ALL, it is my FIRST goat babies.......
gees......
all this waiting isn't easy you know.

I had to go to town and got caught in traffic worried the entire time that the goatie would have the babies and I would not know it

sniff

I was telling Linda at the bank how I was worried about this goat having these kids while I was gone.

I told Joanne at the yarn store about the goats while I was dropping off my baby sock and the mohair mobius scarf.

I told Jo ( different Jo) up at the insurance company about the goaties being so late..........

all week everyone every where has had to listen to me go on and on about the goaties......

do you THINK this goat would be co-operative and just have the damn kids already????

no

of course not

meanwhile can I get anything done right around here?
nope
oh and I just found out I have one less day then I was told for one project, so a day in the studio when nothing is going right is just not on the schedule.........
all cause of the goat not having the babies......yesterday.
you just can't trust a goat now a days........
til next time
vi
who will now have to rip back the cuff of the mitten that I am supposed to be writing the new pattern for........who needs to sleep............. not me?

that's us spinning alpaca up at Yknot Alpacas.....
we had a blast btw
I just realized I been promising pictures and haven't put any up
soooooooooooo here's pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi