Tuesday, June 29, 2010

my sister in law is coming!!!

as you all know i love her!!!
she'll be here saturday
we aren't ready
the house is still a mess
the garden started to come on........we ate fresh green beans last night
i have to pull the garlic
divide the onions
take the babies out
find a way to finish freezing my woolens
clean the house
win the lottery.....etc
but my sister in law loves me and takes me for better or worse.....dirt and all
thank goodness
as much as i love bernie, sometimes the only thing between him and his freedom is that i adore his sister colleen

ok now to other stuff
canning has begun here as you all know
i am going to have to buy red sweet peppers for a while though......i think however the eggplants will be ok in the garden...
i have already planned on more peppers for next years garden 24 plants would be a good start
and a few 56 ft rows of beans
if the eggplant produce like i think they will, 10 of them will be enough
i am giving up on the heirloom tomatoes until late blight is over
i am also in the mood to draw, paint and make some cloth dolls (mainly halloween cloth dolls)
i wish i could do a porcelain run but i don't have the studio for it at the moment....
although i would imagine if i planned it VERY carefully.... and did a limited edition run.... with just porcelain head/hands/feet........ maybe i can do that

however, i am thinking that i would have to pre-sell the run to get bernie to agree to me working in porcelain in the house again....(i sooooo need a HUGE separate shed, with storage and messy space)
anyway, i have a yen to make some cloth pretty witch dolls
and also more pumpkin headed dolls.....
maybe with pet bats, and a few ghosties?
i found the southern belle muslin online, which is what i use for the cloth dolls
but how i also long to make some porcelain.
i also want to draw, i think it all has something to do with the growing of the garden.....or that is my theory.
or
maybe it's because my sister in law is coming and i am so happy when she's here.
i have someone to help with my antics!!!
(no bernie isn't around much to help) i really wish i had someone that lived close that does some of what i do....... and we could help each other.
now last night, we had ribs, with the fresh from the garden green beans and fresh corn, (bernie didn't want potato salad)
tonight is left overs...... more ribs cause i made 6 pounds
now i have to think of something for colleen saturday night, although it will be after midnight when we get home.
and then sunday morning, bernie will naturally cook eggies...... thank goodness, cause i got eggies up the wazzoo............
*** custards need to be made ***
oh btw, as an aside to catherine....i am from jersey originally, (just found your comment on my doll blog) have you heard my voice on the duck videos?
anyway, i have determined that while my beloved sister in law is here
maybe we will spend lazy days between the garden, deck, chickens, ducks, budgies, cats and kitchen.........
i will take pictures and bring sketch pads and maybe even sew a bit
i swear if my sister in law lived here, we'd open an emporium of interesting things, which would include my dolls, stuff we can, heirloom seeds, my soaps, lotions, etc, interesting antiques, interesting collectables, hand painted furniture, posters, cards etc of my drawings.... books that are wonderful, and so on......
oh and a B&B with a farm! in season classes of canning, knitting, spinning, animal care, doll making............
i would end up aging in reverse i think!
hahahahaha
oye
just think though every spring we could have baby animal week........ with me happily in the barn surrounded by what i love the most
ok
now i need to go and clean the kitchen
and dream of a larger garden

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vi, Yes, I heard your voice on the duck tape you posted. I knew a woman from NH and her name was Albina. That's why I asked. It isn't a very common name and I thought maybe you were her. I hope you have a great time with your Sis-In-Law while she is there. Hope you'll post pics if you make Halloween dolls, it's my favorite day and I love dolls that celebrate that day. Catherine

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi