Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sundays are for relaxing?

Ok another Sunday morning.....( does anyone else hear the Monkees Pleasant Valley Sunday running through their head?.......no?........... never mind)
I am again listening to the sounds of Bernie making breakfast, while me, lady of leisure, sit here typing this.
I am glad this week is over.
Between possessed truck from hell, with exploding windshield wipers, giant turkeys, and my poor little dead in the water VAN...... I think I had my fill.
One bright spot was Carole bringing me to the farm and the baby goaties, the other was a nice ( and I mean NICE) soap sale.
I have to make soap this week, probably my Peach Goats milk, and I need to fill up stock for the rest of the soaps.
I really need to clean the soap room too. But it drives my sinus' totally over the edge so yet again I am putting it off.

In Fiber news I started what I keep thinking are easter egg colored socks in discontinued Paton Kroy. They are very pretty, but I really do like things a bit wilder.
I am looking for sock yarn that I can dye here, with a wool/nylon blend..... maybe an 80/20 or so.
At least until I get my Wheel. Then I am going to have the mill do roving with a 70 wool, 15 mohair, 15 nylon blend. THAT will get me the wildest sock yarns YET....... now if only I can get the glow in the DARK fibers.... ( how about flashing disco lights on them? overkill?)
oye
I am thinking about a sweater for me, I have to think long and hard about this as I am no longer a teeny tiny person. So at size 3 needles, ..... well this sucker is going to take some TIME.
I don't want to finish an 8 month investment and find, A) it doesn't fit & B) it looks like shit on my.
(please, paint a hex sign on my back and get it over with. I dearly LOVE PCOS..... NOT)
Meanwhile I am again as usual knitting my endless socks. Sure beats smoking. ( I can say that as I quit again 8 years ago)
I am thinking of something new for classes at the LYS if she would like me to do that.

I am working on the knitting bag set, which is, small bag, larger tote, tool case and needle case.
I need batteries for the camera and when I get them I will show you the progress.
I was looking for another brocade for the violet fabrics but haven't found one yet.

I know, I know, not much going on for a change......
not even goaties that we are waiting for.
sniff
til next time
vi
ps: I think I decided on my Birthday presents for this year, besides the lamb.
I want the Barbara Walker 2nd treasurey of stitches, and Latvian mittens, along with enough yarn for maybe two pairs of mittens.
now, lets see if I can get it!
oh and by the way I found this LINK at one of the blogs online ( sorry can't remember which blog)
and got this answer

English Genius
You scored 80% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 77% Expert!
You did so extremely well, even I can't find a word to describe your excellence! You have the uncommon intelligence necessary to understand things that most people don't. You have an extensive vocabulary, and you're not afraid to use it properly! Way to go!
Thank you so much for taking my test. I hope you enjoyed it!
For the complete Answer Key, visit my blog: http://shortredhead78.blogspot.com/.

could you BELIEVE THAT?
who'da thunk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi