Thursday, March 10, 2005

I have survived

Amazingly.
Well first off that damn truck is posessed.
I turned the windsheild wipers on and they EXPLODED.......... at 70 miles per hour that is not a good thing.
I expected them besides crashing into the windsheild...... to fling themselves into traffic behind me and impaling some poor innocent driver.
But luckily, they froze to the windsheild!
I got to the side and pryed them off to toss them in the cab.
I expected soiled underware however I didn't smell anything.
I continued on my way, as this happened just AFTER I crossed into NJ and I still had the entire state to transverse.
oye

Let me tell you that TRAFFIC has increased remarkably in the 18 years I have not lived in NJ.
at 2pm it was wall to wall on rt 80, in a spot that wouldn't have even been busy 18 years ago at rush hour.
Second let me tell you that Jersey turkey are smarter then the PA kind, as I saw a HUGE tom turkey walking and pecking on the side of the highway down in Parsippany....! which btw is now CITY. Biggest turkey I ever did see.....that wasn't human

The other thing is, I found my way! I wasn't sure I would even though I knew that area from 20 years ago ( Or more)
do I sound old or what?
I remember when my folks would talk........and one of them would say..... 'well that was 20 years ago'
damn I thought they were old...........especially since I didn't even HAVE 20 years of life yet at the time.
amazing
I sat in the parking lot at Bernie' job and knitted up a toe for a sock, I finished the toe up increases there, and put about 2 inches of the foot on it during the right home.

Unbeknownst to me, every mechanic on that lot had told Bernie that I was there and knitting in the truck!
This is a very busy shop, there are cars parked all over, but they have a remarkable system for knowing where a car is and which car follows.
And most importantly, Bernie really really likes this job, the company and the people.

Today, I am going with Carole to Bethlehem, to the Big fabric store and then out to the farms.....
I maybe lucky enough today to help Bedazzle deliver. She is due tomorrow but they are all going early except the first one.
Tonight is spin group too.
My camera ate it's batteries again, so until I get a ride to a store to get a new charger, no pictures unless I scan stuff.
( which you know, I could actually do that.....I could scan the socks I just finished yesterday huh?)
ok later
til next time
vi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi