Saturday, January 22, 2005

lady is waiting for snow

well there is to be a huge storm or so it is being said on the TV.
we are to get pounded with something like 15 inches and high winds
I am hoping that the news etc is all wrong.
not that I have anything against snow or mother nature.
but the kero back up heaters are not working right and at -2 F I am thinking......
we are pretty much screwed if we lose the electric.
we do have a fireplace but no wood
although one neighbor said to come get wood by them, which of course we have been reluctant to do
And would someone please tell me, what is it about snow storms that makes you want to eat everything in the house? ( or is it just me???)
I am starving......... (watch out cats........you all are looking well fed to me... nice plump little rumps...... with a white wine sauce? JUST KIDDING the cats are spoiled as always)
ok so I made cookies....... and left some dough in the fridge, I will bake more today as I really want my mixing bowl back.
I did dishes too so if we do lose electric we got mugs to drink from
we got water saved.....none for drinking but hey melted snow works too you know.
oye
I really wish for this winter we were better prepared, we usually have been in the past but this year was not our best.
ok meanwhile
I started work on a 1760's english lady, which I am hoping to have done in two weeks
I have to write a how to on her so I will start takeing pictures shortly
I will update later when (or should I say IF with this storm?) bernie gets home and the storm is over
til next time
vi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi