Saturday, January 22, 2005

Junk food impaired

please someone tell me what sort of junk foods they reserve for blizzards and other acts of mother nature?
Bernie and I were just discussing this, as we want something to eat but don't really want to go to the trouble of actually cooking right now
yet we are ravinously hungry!
we did make some grilled cheese sandwiches with real cheddar, ( not the sliced processed cheese food stuff, as we usually only get real cheese)
they were very good but as we were discussing this we realized that actually we don't have a lot of junk food.
A bag of chips will last us about 6 months or so
if we actually remember to buy them in the first place.

Sadly we suspect that we are junk food impaired.

we were trying to figure out what we would have if we could even get out of the door, let alone down the mountain to town and even find a store open.

egg rolls and shrimp were mentioned, as well as golden raisins and dried apricots.
of course I threw in a vote for icecream and cheesecake but you all knew that was coming, as the icecream and cheesecake would be a no brainer.

what do you folks all eat?
(no Beth, not the pork rinds, I have to draw the line somewhere, and I drew it right before the pork rinds)

I think that an event of this is sort of the superbowl of nature right? I mean you are all hanging around the house and all you really can do is eat and watch the snow fall, worrying the whole time if the electric will hold out as it is like 17 degrees out there........ or will you have to abandon your humble and somewhat messy home for somewhere that is warm with alternative energy that does NOT rely on the "grid" and will accept your cats.

so what all constitues junk food?
as a kid in an old world italian family halava was considered junk food and canoli.
now I am older and I realize that stuff like that is actually real food, not junk food
so that possibly doesn't count.
neither do Twinkies as I have never had one and I hear they have been discontinued anyway.
nor peeps, which I finally had and I was not impressed.

so any suggestions?
opinions?
I would love to know what you all think of as junk food
don't be shy, tell me your favorite natural event pigout fest food........
till next time
vi



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi