Wednesday, January 19, 2005

January's slump & a cat's life

It's been cold in NE PA, and we have the heat down to 64 as the price of heating oil is more then I swear I paid for this HOUSE!
Leave it to the cats to find the warmest place to be.
Amber keeps going up on the top of my doll mold storage rack, Calpurrnia sits in the front of the heat duct DIRECTLY over the furnace...( and she is the FURRY ONE!)
Thaddeaus sits on me, or more precisely.....on my chest under my chin.
Now, Thaddeaus is a BIG cat, and while I may be a chubby thing, I am very little. Under 5 feet tall now.
So there isn't much ROOM under my chin ( or chins as actually I have two)
meanwhile I am trying to stay warm wearing leggings under my jeans, hand knit socks, hand knit/felted clogs, a teeshirt under my sweatshirt, a scarf around my neck and a hat on my head. Over this I have been putting a fleece lounging robe!
I am scary if I have to open the door for anyone.
I been drinking a Lot of homemade hot cocoa..... I swear that stuff will warm the dead.
All this cold has lead to the investigation of alternative heating appliances, as also last week or so we had an ice storm and a lot of folks were out of electric and heat for a while. We were out about 3 hours.
All I worried about were the cats.
The cats have fur coats
The cats have me well trained
I consider their welfare first
( and the cats are now saying 'yes, as it should be')
I swear I made arrangements not for US but for them if the heat hadn't come on that day!
I had it all arranged for them to go to a home with two cozy wood stoves, and two other cats and a dog.......with a human that doesn't have kids but loves animals.
This also made me realize that I simply MUST knit them cat beds, which will be felted and lined with foam and fleece so that the little furry darlings will stay warm.
Never mind that they have a ton of fur, never mind that when it gets nippy the Laperms will run around and cuddle.

Amber, being as she is 4006 will not actively mess with the laperms But thaddeaus does cuddle up with her occationall, and I believe would love to cuddle up with BOTH girls........ he is such a despot I swear
hahahaha
he is a king in his own little furry cat brain around here......The girls yell at him all the time but he doesn't hold that against them
This for some odd reason cracks me up....... I just can't help but laugh at him.
I wish I could convey how funny he is..... trying to keep 'his' girls in line.....and they both being torties........ give him hell.
hahahahha
gee I really need a life!
til next time
vi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi