Monday, January 17, 2005

Baby it's cold outside

I know.....lame, but it IS cold out.
The rhododenrums leaves are curled up tight as a pipe.

you didn't know that? rhodo leaves curl up tightly in the cold........the colder it is the tighter they curl...... who needs a thermometer??? Welcome to vi's place where there is no end to useless facts and knowledge

ok where was I?
oh yeah........cold.
Ok I can tell you that a menopausal women with hand knit wool socks, hand knit and felted wool clogs, a pair of sweatpants under her jeans, a tee shirt and sweatshirt, a wool scarf and hat on......IN THE HOUSE can and will still be cold in this kind of weather.
meanwhile I am furiously knitting my newest pair of socks....... in trekking XXL cause I am convinced that if I just keep knitting socks, spring and warmth will return......as well as feeling to my toes

In other knitting news, I am going to take a class in two handed, two color knitting!!!!
on January 29, at Mountain Knits and Pearls......(NAYY)They are in Stroudsburg pa.
I always wanted to learn two color knitting and so far haven't gotten around to it
so this is the perfect midwinter malaise breaker ( thank you to the person on KR that told me how to spell malaise) now visions of multicolored hats, and Latvian gloves dance in my cold little head.
I probably will get back to this blog with some long over due pictures this week
of the socks, of the newest doll, and of course.........of the cats.....
poor ancient amber doesn't like pictures anymore but the other two........ well they hog it up for the camera, didn't you notice?
till later
vi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi