Monday, March 03, 2008

paperwork.....the new torture

i hate paperwork
now i know you are nodding your head and saying....'yeah, who doesn't'
but
let me tell you......i am NOT kidding...

today after 20 years...i have decided to tackle the boxes of paperwork
now i did the tax type paperwork yearly
but the other stuff like credit card offers.....
aarp offers
magazines
it's all stuff with our names and addresses or other personal information
i haven't known what to do with it all!

well we finally got a shredder
and i got a bunch of bankers boxes to sort it all out

i even got a box for cards from loved ones........cause i can't throw them out

and while it isn't fun
it's not as nightmarish
almost

it is however at times torturous

i found old letters from favorite relatives that have been long deceased.....
i miss them so much

i found pictures of my beloved dog

i found all sorts of things

some stuff made me laugh

some stuff had me in tears

some stuff had me shaking my head and still wondering why

and unfortunately it also is breaking my back! seriously.....my back is HURTING!
did you know paperwork is HEAVY

it's physcially heavy and apparently emotionally heavy as well

i plan on burning the shredded stuff.....
in the bbq as it has social security numbers and account numbers etc

i already have a very large box of paper that can either be recyled or composted
that is making me happy

when i get it all finished, i know i will have even more to shred such as old bills and deposit slips etc from the 80's and 90's


i think this is also the first time in a very LONG time that i am actually doing a spring cleaning of sorts

i think it is time no?

anyway....
that's what i am trying to get done right now...
i thought it would takes me about two weeks...but i am realizing it is going to take a bit longer.....

oye

what do i do to myself
????



vi

2 comments:

  1. You're singing my song, gal. I still have 5 more boxes of parental paperwork to plow through - whittled down from about 24.

    Please send me a secretary, dear lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:25 AM

    This is very feng shui of you, you know!

    So, hey, talk to me ~ email me at yarnpainter(at)gmail.com ... I'm around!

    Hugs, Jen

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi