Sunday, September 18, 2005

Current work in progress

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
ok this is a test run of the body, head and base.
She will stand much better when she is assembled for real....
She is just sort of fitted but not really together.
what do you folks think?
I see her as someone from about 1890........ maybe a Circus in France....
definitely someone that one of the impressionist painters would have delighted in
her skirt is got alternating panels of checkerboard and solid......and I haven't decided on her top yet.
But I do like the whole feeling of her sooooooooooooo
I am planning to really explore this feeling.
just for the fun of it!!!
and
you all know what?
the leaves are turning here!
do you all know what that means???????????????????????
.
.
.
HALLOWEEN!!!!
.
.
yup yup, now if only this damn heat would go away......but then I will be complaining about the cold and loading the stove or the price of oil huh???
.
.
in other violet news......
.
.
Chicks are coming TUESDAY!!!
yup yup
.
.
our little family will be increasing by 6................
one I have promised to name sharon..........
( i hope we have hens and not all roosters)
I want to name one ducette, and one HENretta, and margeriet & with sharon that will be 4 hens......
so lets all hope we only have 2 roos ok???
keep your toenails crossed and I don't want to hear any wishbone jokes right now
.
STUDIO flash
.
bernie is trying to again reorganize the studio........
where is CAROLE when I need her????
HE has decided that the studio is actually hopeless and as such, needs to be bulldozed.
I don't take quite the same view of things
I do however think that I could use an extra 20 feet on the back and a closet.......
ONE closet at least in this house would be amazing!
I don't remember what having a closet was like...........
(now don't all rush to make comments about all your closets and rub my closetlessness in my poor little face)
or if you decide to do that please address all email to:
mayyourhermmeriodexplodeATseeifItalktoyouagainDOTcom
til next time
vi

2 comments:

  1. the pumpkin doll is darling. i like a lot. and the era seems right. did you ever decide what else to send your halloween pal? don't mention halloween, i didn't have time to shop for fabric, i'm gonna shoot for this weekend.

    as for bernie organizing the studio, i have to commiserate. i'm still missing a bunch of needles since mark decided to "organize" my yarn space, sigh.

    and yes, the children finally wore out the sugar rush, and have passed out (thank dog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:20 AM

    Dear Vi: I absolutely love the 19th century Pumpkin Miss! Her face is lovely and her "attitude", even though not permanent, is to "die" for! Luv her stockings!

    Tell Bernie to "step away from the studio" if he values his spot on the bed. With roosters and cats, his space could go abegging! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi