Monday, August 24, 2009

morning all

amazingly right at this moment
it isn't raining!

i started a new scarf last night
for 'waiting room/car knitting
it's a variation of that palindrome scarf pattern

i added a garter stitch border
this one is in navy blue sisik ( discontinued by dale........and my very favorite yarn...i do love me some tweed)

i have five skeins and intend on using it all up on this
i wish i had another few in the navy as i would make a hat and mittens to match
but i only have these five and needed car knitting

i am thinking that the next scarf i make in going to be in linen stitich
and in silk
knit lengthways...that's the ONLY way i seem to get enough length on a scarf

i hope it isn't too hot today so i finish the nasty part of the porcelain workbench
i really want this studio just done now
it's dragged on all summer and now weighs on my head

oye

anyone want to help?

til next time

vi
who's going to drink coffee and knit a spell then do the duckies

2 comments:

  1. Except that I have to WORK today, I'd be right there to help out. Actually, my house needs a bulldozer through the inside so I probably couldn't justify going elsewhere before attacking this place.

    When I made Palindrome, I widened the scarf -- 52 sts for 4 cables. Check my Ravelry project page -- red scarf project scarf for 2008. Unless you like a narrow scarf -- those cables do pull in. I like that pattern a lot.

    Did my required morning early this morning, started work at 9:30, will quit around 4 and go to optometrist (these glasses still aren't working right) and post office (DIL's birthday gift is ready to go -- love the pre-paid priority mail postage option, which is cheaper than regular parcel post at the post office -- DH got labels specifically for that -- birthday is Friday). THEN I can knit this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Sorry, I have enough work around here to be doing... :)

    Looking forward to seeing the new scarf.

    Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi