Friday, February 13, 2009

a treasure beyond price

i received a book written by one of my relatives today
in it is a picture of my great grand parents
i am named after my great grand mother on my mother's side
so is my mother

i can't begin to explain how i feel right now

from feeling a bit like an alien .......suddenly i feel like i belong
i come by a lot of what makes me me..................... from MY FAMILY!

as folks who know me.....know
i have a 'big personality'
i also have stories......( yup i suppose so............just look through this blog)
i laugh easily and make others laugh as well

i am also good at what every i turn my attention to

suddenly it all makes sense to me
where i wondered before.

i grew up not really knowing too much about my mom's side of the family
i had met one of my uncles and one aunt
(mom's brother jack and her sister fortuna. her other brother lived in california)
i also knew two cousins, both of whom were my aunt fortuna's kids...........she also had a third one marie, but she was in a hospital or something.
i had met my mom's uncle isaac, and her cousin albina

but that is about it for what i remember

a friend of mine who knew i was researching my family, decided to help as well.
she found a relative that unfortunately had crossed over.
she suggested i contact the funeral home and see if i could get in touch with the rest of the family
she dangled an irresistible carrot under my nose.........

'they could have pictures'

well she was right and my cousin candi DID and sent them to me


today i looked at the face of my great grand mother albina

i am still getting chills

words can't explain this feeling

just let me tell you

it's wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi