Wednesday, January 16, 2008

an embarrassment of riches..........

within the past week or so....
i have gotten three new lace knitting books

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Victorian Lace Today
A Gathering of Laces
Heirloom Knitting

oh man i am in hog heaven
now all i need to do is get more laceweight yarn
( i am thinking of some zephre.......probably in the cream color so i can dye it myself, as i doubt i can afford full cones of all the colors i love...and i am thinking POUNDAGE here........i may need a fundraiser just to support my habit)

color knitting and lace knitting is one of my guilty little pleasures
neither is totally practical in my life.....
i wear that first ice queen i knit in mountain colors barefoot, out to feed the ducks

the ducks are not impressed
(tough ducks huh?)

i long to sit with a large and impressive lace project.....preferably with beads.....
but where would i wear it?
how would i wear it being only 5' tall.....

that won't stop me from doing at least one (that moraccan stole i would imagine)

mittens, socks, hats, neckwarmers.....
these are the knitting things that are practical in my life.....
and i do knit them quite often....( about to cast on for boot socks shortly)

now today i will do the dishes.....feed the animals.....
stoke the stove
put up the crock pot
and knit on that 'ice cream ice queen'
and feel incredibly guilty.....
and get lost in a foam of mohair and silk and beads.....

well.....isn't that what winter is for?
tufted titmouse on bernie's feeder

ok so that's what i keep telling myself.....
as i sit.....wrapped up in a guilty pleasure.....
knitting lace



vi



vi

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I wasn't so sure about adding the yellowy color in at first, but it's grown on me and I really like it. More importantly, my brother seems to like it!

    And I'd indulge in the lace knitting, too! Sounds like the perfect winter evening - a warm stove or fireplace, a loving guy, snuggling animals, and a beautiful pattern!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi