Saturday, February 18, 2006

sharon started laying

last night!
finally dulcette gets it......she laid in the morning and told me to come get the egg
and SHARON decided to unload before bed........
now both dulcette and sharon do that crouch thing with their wings out if you pet their backs
sniff
only henrietta and marguerite are still babies........and henrietta is going to start any day now.....
no more babies......
sniff
my boys have wives........my girls are laying eggs...........
my goat is due febuary 28

oh my........
ovulation and lactation will abound.....

meanwhile, if you all will notice under the cats names.........are links to the chicken pictures

as requested

vi

3 comments:

  1. ovulation? lactation? does this mean you're going to be making custard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vi, they are doing RIGHT! No sniff...aren't you just proud?! Oh, by the way, that crouch thing, its a great honor when they do that when you want to pet them. It's dominance, they see you as the biggest/top/boss! They are crouching for you to *be the rooster*, if you get my meaning. It's very affectionate, usually combined with *doe-eyed-looks* with my girls! Is it with yours? Sweet!
    http://shuvani11.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, Sharon, Go! Laying so young.... she takes after her namesake. (who would be cackling at that comment)


    Something tells me you'll need this soon:
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/find/results?search=egg&x=0&y=0

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi