Sunday, November 05, 2006

not bad for a weekend

Today I canned 18 pints of chicken,
Batter dipped and breaded 20 pounds of chicken breasts
Froze 10 pounds of pork chops
And lusted for a mitten kit
and a hat kit in the variegated color
as well as this book here

Not bad for a weekend huh???

We cut the cats claws…..( every other week we do this)
We moved and stacked wood
Took care of a broody couple of chickens
And cooked
Oh and bought 230 pounds of potatoes, yellow, red, white and russet bakers.
Really not bad huh?
I plan on canning a bunch of potatoes so we have fast sides for dinner when we are tired or don’t have electric………. Which is happening a LOT lately
Also freezing mashed and twice baked and some scalloped……
We have some for baking too….

We have some news on the moron neighbor front
He is scheduled for a foreclosure sale on his house on January 27, 2007…………….
Isn’t that special…………?

Meanwhile they’ve still been throwing rocks……….. in my garden, at cars on the road…..at the uphill neighbors

Don’t you love it???

While Bernie was out stacking and moving wood, the kids were screaming at him….. cursing and berating him…..he naturally ignored them
They did finally get tired of their game


Now tomorrow I have to get to the bank
And then I got some huge soap orders to fill

Btw, if anyone has an order in please drop me a line to remind me
With Bernie sick I am not all there or here…..( not that I am ever mind you……)
Ok now on the fiber front I am working out some Latvian mitten knitting bits and pieces from all over
I started with Latvian braid then cartridge ribbing…..
I think after that I will do a bit more braids then do some color knitting
This so far is in two shades of gray…..which will go with my favorite boiled wool jacket….
And I am going to attempt to actually write down the pattern
Hahahaha
At least I hope I will
I have to tell Bernie we need to move my sewing machine as well……… next weekend he is working so it will be after that

Oh and court against moron neighbor is November 22
Yup the day BEFORE thanksgiving
How the hell are the witnesses and I supposed to bake for the holiday?
Did that judge even think of that?

I need another jacket for my dress too…..I have one dress and I wear it for everything official and legal….
I did go looking for another dress but didn’t like anything!
Oye

And btw, I lost thirty pounds now……. I been tying my pants on with string~~~!!!
Just a couple more pounds and I have a retro returning wardrobe……
( that’s code for ‘I will be fitting in my SKINNY clothes again’)

oye
til next time

vi
who now is a SHRINKING violet…….

3 comments:

  1. i wish i could lose 30 lbs. ugh. sounds like you've been ambitious! however, ifyou're losing electricity a lot, isn't it kinda dumb to put all that food in the freezer? unless, of course, you have a generator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally going to be obsessed with the selbu book with you - I want to knit the long socks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi - 30 lbs is AWESOME! You are a Shrinking Violet!

    That is some book! What language is that? Dutch? How do you read the patterns? They are beautiful.

    Nice to meet you and your blog and family! Liz

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi