Sunday, April 23, 2006

in loving memory of amber

we lost our amber today
at 10:45 am
I had petted her little head, and told her I was going up to the bathroom and I would be right back.
when I got back she'd gone
amber was born sometime in 87 or 88 I do remember it was spring however
and today.... april 23, 2006 she left us in the spring.

she was every inch herself and every inch a diva

when we had her home...... a tiny ball of fluff with merry her little fluffy sister.......
I was musing out loud 'what should YOUR name be??? autumn?..........september?

she sat at my feet, barely 6inches high, and meowed up at me......I know she understand me
and I SWEAR that I heard her say........'my name is AMBER.....A M B E R'

I was startled and look at her.......
'your name is amber?'
she meowed again
I said..........ok amber it is.....

damn I am going to miss her............

when thaddeaus was still a baby....only 5 months old, he was sleeping at the top of the stairs.
in front of the bathroom doorway, I was sad to say on the 'goddess'
amber had been down in the studio and killed a white footed deer mouse.
BIGGER then her head

she had a funny kind of rabbit hop to climb the stairs but she did....with that mouse in her mouth....
she slamed it down next to the sleeping thaddeaus....
let out a CAUTERWAWL to wake the dead........and swatted him across his sleeping face....
then I SWEAR she curled her lips in discust turn her BACK on him and rabbit hopped back down the stairs
I swear she was letting him have and telling him.....'hey KID, THIS is what you are supposed to be doing.........i'm old you know....it's YOUR turn'

that cat had real attitude

I am going to miss her terribly......

vi

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you lost your little one. But it sounds like you have many great memories and she had expressed her personality strongly to you! They are so good for us, I don't know what I'd do without the endless stream of buddies I've known!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she finally finished dyink. we'll miss you amber, and all the funny stories that mom always told.

    and keep thaddeus in line for mom, too, even if you have to haunt the little sucker! (everybody seems to hang around!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auntie vi,

    I'm sorry about your loss. You, Bernie (and the other cats) will always have fond memories of Amber the diva.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, it's been a week, how are you doing, dahling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Vi, I'm wondering where you are too. Don't keep us in suspenders, how are you doing? We miss your sweet posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, vi

    I'm so sorry to hear about your dear amber. Losing a fur baby always leaves such a hole in your heart. It hurts so much. Sigh. It takes time to work through it to the other side. I wish that you'll feel the love from all your other fur and feather babies now when you need it most.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    MeezieGirl

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi